Marketing Planning Manager 6 month fixed term engagement
A new role has arisen working for one of the big telco players seeking a highly organised and structured marketer from fast-paced, challenging environment where there's lots of demands and priorities and you've been the one responsible for pulling together the plans of action, deciding what needs to get delivered on a monthly and quarterly basis - effectively working as a marketing project manager overseeing go to market priorities, launches and all relevant campaign activities for a large part of their business.
This role will be a 6 month engagement, covering a long-term planned leave period for an existing incumbent. So would suit you if you're immediately at risk in your current role, or maybe you're between positions at the moment and wouldn't mind the opportunity of joining one of the big players in the telecoms market for a fixed term whilst you look for something more long-term.
You will have visibility of all plans the marketing and propositions teams are looking to deliver within 3 monthly cycles. Your remit will be to evaluate these, organising them into a plan for delivery by channel and available resource / capacity - considering the size of each opportunity for the business (impact and value return), amount of resource and time it will take to deliver, and how it fits into the overall plan.
Invariably there will be changing priorities and conflicts arising that will need managing. It's your role to manage and deal with these. Effectively prioritising activities and also managing expectations whenever there's a conflict of resource or capabilities and you need to prioritise one delivery ahead of another. So having both the hard and soft conversations explaining this to the various stakeholders involved, ensuring they're well managed with reasoned argument and decision making.
This role will suit you if you've worked in a structured marketing environment before and been responsible for planning and overseeing delivery of things such as proposition development, go to market activity, marketing campaigns, etc. Where you've had to manage large stakeholder groups and ensure they're each well aligned with clear understandings of expectations and delivery schedules. So you're able to evidence both your organising skills of processes and people, as well as delivery projects to time and budget.
Your core KPI in this role will be 'time to market', ensuring the marketing projects you oversee and the planning roadmap you deliver to are met.
It's important to underline in this role you're not the person responsible for idea creation when it comes to things like marketing campaigns, but are the gatekeeper to other people's ideas and campaigns getting out the door.
You will have lots of senior level exposure in this role, working into Directors and Heads of Functions of what is a very large organisation, and the product category is one which is expected to see lots of change over the next couple of years with lots of new things in the pipeline. So if you're interested in a role which will give you meaningful impact and opportunities to shine, this could be just what you've been looking for!
For more information please contact Colin Doree at Blue Pelican today!
Role: Marketing Planning Manager (6 month fixed term engagement)
Salary: £50,000 to £57,000 base
Benefits: Pro-rata ~£5k car allowance and benefits
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Good people and project management skills established within a marketing environment
- Great organisation skills - you're structured and able to hold others to things like project deadlines and deliverables
- You understand things like:
- Media planning - managing multiple accounts and client requirements. Establishing the priorities of action which will achieve the best business results
- Proposition development - and the gates a new propositions has to go through before launch
- Campaign management - managing multiple campaigns all the gates a campaign has to go through ahead of 'go live'
- Critically you're able to take processes and lay them out onto a plan, then understand when you have multiples of these, how to prioritise them to ensure the right overall plan is pulled together and delivered to
- You've managed a budget before
- Evidence of stakeholder management both to senior levels within businesses and also working with large and complex stakeholder group environments
- Industry can be agnostic, preference to a B2C marketing background, but could suit someone from agency or client side - so long as you're able to evidence the above experience
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the EU
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com, or call and ask for the marketing division.