Senior Clothes Designer
A Manufacturer is on the hunt for a highly experienced Senior Clothes Designer who specialises in Print Design and has a creative flair, a commercial eye and a minimum of 5 years experience in designing beautiful and aesthetic clothing. Due to my Client's expansion, they are now looking for a Senior Clothes Designer to join their creative and dynamic product design team.
The role of the Senior Clothes Designer will incorporate working as part of the existing Design team to deliver a beautiful ethically made and commercially viable range that reflects the brand values and meets the Client's objectives.
Key Responsibilities :
- To design garments, full repeat prints, placement prints, embroideries and appliques that appeal to our target audience and reflects the brand. Using adobe illustrator to create sketches and artwork details.
- Be part of developing the seasonal mood boards, colour palette, big ideas and innovation for each season through research of on-going and future trends, competitor benchmarking and colour analysis.
- Provide creative support during the product development process by looking and implementing for innovation in design to keep the brand fresh and different.
- Assessing strike offs and samples where necessary, whilst looking for new and better techniques to keep improving the product.
- Handover clear and concise design and information to Product Development team for product technical packs.
- Offer support and direction to existing team of designers.
- A Minimum of 5 years Design experience.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent drawing skills.
- Creative flair and a good understanding of the Client's brand.
- Commercial and aesthetic understanding of what constitutes a successful garment.
- Ability to manage a small team of designers.
- Degree level education.
- Fashion and textile knowledge and experience.
All Applicants must have the right to legally remain and work in the United Kingdom.
My Client is an Equal Opportunities employer who accepts applications from everyone so please feel free to apply.
All suitable applicants will be notified accordingly as the Client is looking to interview immediately!