Hotel Sales & Revenue Manager
Our client, a chain of popular hotels, offers accommodation up to 160 people, and host an onsite restaurant serving English, Far Eastern or Continental cuisine. They are looking to recruit a Hotel Sales and Revenue Manager to join their exciting team.
Key responsibilities and Duties:
- Analysing trends in the hotel industry.
- In short, you’ll be tracking the bedroom, meeting and conference space rates offered by your competitors, and making sure you sell your own rooms at the right price and the right time to the right people.
- To maintain parity with room rates offered by online booking companies and be poised to spot peaks and troughs in the market.
- Responsible for analysing and presenting financial data that will help the Sales and other teams to make well-informed decisions about potential new business and the market, in general.
- Manage and lead the Team through day-to-day operations, as well as strategically guide the departments to achieve Team and organisational goals
- Relate to company’s business model in terms of widening its appeal.
- Enhancement and ongoing management of Social media platforms.
- Monitor and respond to online client/customer feedback
- Devise and implement sales and marketing strategies,
- Engage with wide ranging marketing mediums that reach out to target markets.
- Engage with marketing mediums that also reach out to British South Asian Communities
- Initiating promotions to generate business at key times
- Forecasting revenue performance
- Ensure yield exemptions are investigated and analysed and new business opportunities are identified
- Gather and analyse statistics, yield information and all other relevant information in order to identify potential new business, markets and trends, and to minimise risk
- Outline risks and opportunities relative to meeting rooms versus Guest room availability to present at weekly meetings
- Record and analyse all refused, lost, cancelled and waitlisted business for both Guest rooms and meeting rooms
- Ensure effective information gathering and analysis is conducted in order to identify and
- maximise on all possible opportunities and minimise any risks
- Ensure junior staff have current knowledge for all relevant processes, policies and
- promotions, as necessary, to perform their duties
- Manage staff performance in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Revenue Team.
- Analyse, Complete and Submit the request for proposals from travel management companies
- Meet the online travel agents market manages on a quarterly basis
- Visit the travel management companies on a quarterly basis
- Implement Channel Prioritisation and Direct Booking strategy
- Audit the front office and revenue systems to make sure the guest/company/travel agent
- profiles are up to date, rate plans and rate strategy are up to date.
Skills and education:
- Computer literacy
- Sales awareness
- Business acumen
- Excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
- strong analytical skills and drives for results
- A team-player and has good interpersonal skills
- Diploma/degree in business OR Marketing
- It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality industry
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
Suitable candidate must at least a minimum 3 years or more relevant experience of working in a similar role in a busy fast paced Hotel establishment and must be able to work in a team or independently using their own initiative.
The closing date for all applications is 07/04/2017
About Vira International:
We are a specialist International Consultancy, founded in 1970 with offices in London, Mumbai, Goa, Cochin, Darjeeling and Nepal.
Vira International Ltd is an OISC registered immigration firm, providing immigration advice and services to a wide range of clientele. Our client list in the UK includes reputed hotel chains, restaurants, IT and telecommunication companies, finance and leisure companies, Radio and TV channels, Educational institutes certified by QAA/BAC/Edexcel etc. For honest and expert advice call or email us.