Electrical Design Engineer
Due to retirement of a long-standing member of staff, a rare opportunity has arisen for a skilled electrical design engineer to join our client, a manufacturer of process / food industry machinery to the global marketplace.
The successful candidate will work on the development of both new products, as well as redesign of existing offerings to ensure continued improvements are made, as well as catering to specific and bespoke customer requirements.
You would be responsible for everything from electrical design in and around the equipment, to the schematics and mapping of the control panels. Whilst you wouldn't be required to do the programming, you would have the opportunity to work alongside the control systems engineer and develop further skills in those more advanced areas of electrical / control panel engineering.
In addition to the electrical engineering, you would learn more about designing to a wide variety of regulations (such as CE legislation within Europe, and their USA equivalents), as well as integrating those designs with the mechanical team to ensure compliance across the board.
- Electrical design engineering
- Designing electrical systems and circuits for new machines, including control panel schematics
- Ensuring compliance with CE and international legislation.
- Research in to upgrading existing equipment
- Ensuring work is completed within cost targets and project specifications
Requirements for application:
- Experienced in electrical system and circuit design
- Experience with AutoCAD electrical or other similar software
- Higher education / degree level understanding of electrical engineering (significant experience is of course equally suitable!)
- Knowledge of CE marking and safety systems
- Understanding of PLC's
To contact Sheridan, please visit the Agentis Solutions website and either email, or call the Norwich based number listed on the "Agentis Technical" portion of the website.
*We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hrs, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, if you haven’t heard from us within 4 working days please consider your application unsuccessful