Senior Procurement Advisor
My client, a Higher Education Institution is currently seeking a senior procurement advisor to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Head of Procurement, you will:
- Provide professional procurement support and advice for the tendering of high value/critical contracts, including advice on drafting specifications; sourcing suitable suppliers; evaluating responses; clarification; contract award; and supplier de-brief.
- To advise on the most suitable procurement route for the organisation's requirements ensuring best practice and adherence to the School’s Financial Regulations and Procurement Procedures.
- The job holder will be considered by stakeholders as an expert in procurement matters, so will provide in-depth advice on Procurement Procedures and best practice (including EU regulations and TUPE).
- To provide expert advice on contract law, construction of contracts, contract variations, and contractual disputes.
- Review and provide advice on terms and conditions for ad-hoc departmental purchases and agreeing amendments to ensure the best interests of the School are maintained.
- Provide advice on Ethical and Sustainable Procurement issues and strategies.
- Undertake the lead procurement advisory role in evaluation and supplier clarification meetings.
- Offer sound advice on the use of preferred suppliers and available framework agreements and the processes required for call-off.
- Undertake continuous professional development to keep up to date with legislative changes and procurement best practice.
Initiative and Problem Solving
- Solve day-to-day problems as they arise. Match suitable suppliers to meet customer’s one off requirements and advise on contractual disputes.
- Not required in this role.
- Financial Responsibility.
- No direct control of School budgets but with significant influence on all goods & services purchased.
- To deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed, and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above.