Area Support Chef - Contract Catering, M4 Corridor
AREA SUPPORT CHEF
£26,000 + company car and mileage allowance
Due to expansion this successful and established contract catering company operating in B & I, assisted living operations, and the education sector is looking for an Area Support Chef to work alongside the area manager covering the M4 Corridor area.
This is a hands-on position supporting new and existing chef managers, covering absences, mobilisations, and special projects/innovation.
It is essential that you have a driving licence.
ROLE - AREA SUPPORT CHEF
- Work alongside the area manager in maintaining standards, quality, training, financials, budgets, and supporting mobilisations and projects across the area
- Induct and train new chef managers
- Control costs, budgets, and labour
- Cover absences
- Provide support to new and existing chef managers
- Stock management and wastage control
- Support team performance through objective setting and performance reviews
- Deliver consistently exceptional customer service
- Maintain company systems & procedures
- Ensure all relevant compliance & legislation is adhered to
ATTRIBUTES - AREA SUPPORT CHEF
- Ideally contract catering experience as an area support/relief chef or large site chef manager
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- Financial acumen - controlling budgets, costs and labour
- Staff recruitment, training, and development
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- Good time management
- A hands-on approach
- The ability to inspire, lead, coach, and motivate
- Stock management
- IT literate - working with systems & procedures
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company at this level that can offer future career progression.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.