Accounts / Tax Senior (ref 1273)
This Cheltenham Company provides business advisory, accountancy and tax services to a range of entrepreneurial businesses and high net worth individuals, including non-UK domiciles. They are looking for an Accounts / Tax Senior who has experience of managing a mixed portfolio of clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to show your ability and acumen within a small but rapidly growing company which prides itself on combining a personal service with top quality accountants and advice. The business is not a processing centre and looks to add value to clients and all levels.
You will have experienced working in the accountancy profession and have achieved AAT qualification or be part qualified and be seeking to progress your career and studies with ATT or ACCA. Successful candidates will have experience in accounts preparation together with business and personal tax, and be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
This opportunity is suitable for you if you would like to work in a smaller more varied environment and develop a broad knowledge base. Further study support is available
Supporting the compliance manager your role will be to:
- Prepare limited company accounts ready for manager review.
- Complete corporate and personal tax returns
- Prepare sole trader accounts
- Complete and submission of VAT returns
- Prepare management accounts
- Finalise job once manager review complete and sent out to client for signature.
- Undertake general bookkeeping duties on behalf of clients
- Build and maintain client relationships
- Work with and support the advisory group on project work
- Contact client with any queries by letter, email or phone.
- Experience of handling multiple clients, either from a practice background or as a self-employed accountant.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Experience of some accountancy software is essential. Xero and Digita accountancy software experience is desirable but not a requirement as training will be provided.
- Ability to perform under pressure with challenging timescales.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Interact with staff on all levels of including senior management.
Hours - Full time
Location -outskirts of Cheltenham. Free parking.