Flagship General Manager
Location: South London
Salary: Up to £60,000 plus car and excellent benefits
This iconic British retailer is on the hunt for an experienced General Manager to join one of their flagship stores in South London.
This role is about effectively leading and managing a successful retail management team, ensuring profitability and delivering the best possible customer service, whilst continuing to gain market share in their sector.
- Experience as a Senior Store Manager within a fast paced, high volume retailer, this is an outstanding opportunity to progress your management skills
- You will be KPI driven, trading focused and have a strong understanding of market trends, customer needs and your competition
- A strategic thinker
- You will be committed to developing your people throughout your store according to the needs of the business
- You will be at the top of your field, exceptional in your ability to detail and focused on high performance
- You will be an effective communicator, presenter and influencer with strong leadership qualities
- You will be highly analytical and business minded you will look to add value, and fresh ideas
- A highly commercial, high performer you love delivery and your focus is on ensuring your team are able to act with autonomy and have high levels of accountability for their own results and making decisions
- A focused, driven individual who is passionate about leading their team to reach their potential
- Energetic, determined and an energetic leader
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and develop high performing teams
- Ensuring company targets are exceeded specifically sales, profit and stock management
- Able to influence and develop business strategy
- An effective communicator and able to influence at a senior level
- Responsible for communications, ensuring concise, effective, informative, influential and constructive messages are relayed to Area Managers and Store Management teams in a timely manner and through appropriate communication medium
- Recruitment, deployment, development, succession planning and talent rating of Management
- Ability to engage in cross functional project work
- Understands customer service, how to ensure it is delivered and ensure it is at the heart of retail performance
- Develops the team to deliver key results and acts with pace
- Is passionate about making a difference
Our client is an exciting retailer that is undergoing a significant period of change. They are focused at expanding their retail profile and this is a unique and exciting time to join this brand.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bromley, Croydon, Twickenham, Kingston, Epsom, Orpinton, Dartford, Slough, Woking
KEY WORDS: Store Manager, General Manager, Flagship Manager, Homeware, Supermarket, General Merchandise.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: