Assistant Accountant / Book Keeper
A genuine and excellent long term career opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant accountant/Book Keeper to join our busy Accounts & Finance team.
We are an established family run business that specialises in supplying a range of commercial vehicles both locally and nationally. The office, showroom and workshops are located just five miles from Lincoln city centre.
As our Assistant Accountant/Book keper your duties will include:
- Assisting/Managing the preparation of accounts including journals,accruals & pre payments, fixed asset register, WIP and stock reconcilliations, VAT returns
- Confidently using sage software Line 50 and Payroll
- Processing sales invoices, customer reciepts and supplier payments
- Managing payroll and time sheets for 40 employees
- Calculating monthly sales commissions
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Managing bank, petty cash and pay pal reconciliations
- Coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits for the sales team
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records and statements.
- Completing the year-end analysis
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Investigating and resloving all general accounting queries
- Purchase and Stock control vehicle management
- Manage and maintain meticulous filing and administration systems
We require the following skills and experiences:
- You must be confident with proven Accounts/Book Keeping experience
- Minimum 3 years experience using Sage Line 50 and credit control
- Be a committed, ambitious and hard-working person that loves working with figures and enjoys all aspects of office administration.
- Be able to quickly and accurately deal with high volumes of data input and analysis
- Be able to take ownership of tasks & projects
- Have strong IT skills including popular office software packages e.g. Excel
- Be able to organise/prioritise daily workloads
- Bring new ideas/working systems and process to the existing team
- Have an organised, logical, neat and methodical approach to work
- Importantly, have a happy, positive attitude
This role is ideally suited to part-qualified or qualified by experience accountant, who is looking for a varied role in a highly reputable organisation. This role is full time position.
Your working hours will be Monday - Friday 8.00am - 5.30pm.
The role offers a fantastic long term career opportunity to be part of an already successful team and be an important cog in the wheel. You will have full support and spend your day in excellent modern quality working conditions together with friendly people.
In return you will receive an excellent salary ranging from £24,000 - £28,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) with an opportunity to progress within the company.
For an opportunity to join our established, expanding and friendly company please submit your CV.