Design Manager, Lancashire, Cheshire, Greater Manchester
Are you an experienced Design Manager looking for a new job? Our client is a top 5 main contractors who offer a clear career path and long term job security.
Our strong, innovative client is thriving in the construction industry. Continuously exceeding their commercial aspirations. The Company believes this is a result of their highly skilled and committed workforce. A Company that welcomes entrepreneurial character to help drive the business forward.
Your new job as Design Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director and working in conjunction with their Site Teams based across various sites predominately in the North West. You will be responsible for assessing and advising on risk issues associated with design, buildability and compliance. You will provide technical and design advice and assistance to colleagues.
- Working closely with site teams across various sites predominately in the North-West, you will be responsible for assessing and advising on risk issues associated with design, buildability and compliance
- Provide technical and design advice and assistance to colleagues
- Appraising Consultants appointments including costs
- Auditing and assessing design information before and during construction
- Reporting on risk to Director’s and project teams
- Advising on alternative efficient and compliant design solutions
- Liaising with construction management team, advising and agree programmes for information delivery
- Attending meetings as and when required
- Attending construction sites to appraise work
- Assisting in the implementation of company quality procedures
- Assist in the implementation of company health and safety procedures
- Providing technical and design advice and assistance to colleagues and group companies
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with board members, key personnel/departments and external clients
- Facilitating internal communications to ensure best use of tools available
What you need to be successful in your application for Design Manager
- BSc in Design Engineering
- Private practice or Main Contractor experience is essential
- Excellent technical expertise in the construction of complex building types
- Excellent knowledge of current design, planning legislation and compliance issues
- Outstanding IT skills including CAD
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to motivate and influence staff
What package you can expect to receive
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Benefits to include: Car or Car Allowance, Pension, BUPA and Life Assurance
What you need to do to apply for job for Design Manager
If you would like to apply to this role, click "APPLY FOR JOB"