Principal Diesel Calibration Engineer
Job Description For Vacancy No: 229573T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Derbyshire
Job Position: Principal Diesel Calibration Engineer
Reporting To: Manager, Calibration and Controls
Job Status: Permanent
The Role: An opportunity exists for an experienced diesel calibration engineer to technically lead the calibration team. Responsible for the calibration and validation of engine and after-treatment management systems, the team is pivotal in the delivery of new engine programs.
A strong engineering background and a Degree/HND in Mechanical / Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Candidates should have a proven ability to lead small technical teams in delivering production ready calibrations to support new product introduction.
- Considerable experience of diesel engine fundamentals including complex boosting, EGR, after-treatment systems and diagnostics .
- In depth knowledge of calibration life cycle including calibration tools, build and configuration management.
- Design, test and validation of control systems using Matlab / Simulink, in both SIL, HIL, testbed and machine environments.
- The ability to work simultaneously across multiple projects
- Experienced team leader with the ability to drive delivery through others and meet significant deliverables across multiple complex projects
- Test bed & machine integration engine calibration activities, including climatic testing, to meet current and future off highway emissions legislation.
- Functional lead of model based calibration tasks including:
Air Path, boosting and EGR.
SCR and DPF after-treatment systems
Diagnostic fault detection and response
- Writing and communicating engineering reports and development plans.
- Leading the development of testing and sign-off procedures to facilitate the continual improvement of departmental effectiveness.
- Capable in the supervision and review of whole engine calibration datasets, familiar with industry standard tools (AVL CRETA, Vector vCDM etc)
Basic Hours: 39hrs / week 08:30 to 17:00 (16:00 on Fridays)
Salary/Rate: £48000 - £62000
Excellent remuneration, benefits and relocation support packages.
Support for continuous career development.
Opportunities to progress your career in the UK and overseas.
Discounted health and dental care schemes.
Fitness centre and sports facilities.
Excellent and easy access to regional transport links.
Company Lift Share and Cycle to Work programs.
Relocation: Negotiable - generally covering all physical relocation costs.