Digital Product Owner
Digital Product Owner
£40K to £50K Negotiable - Plus bonus
Our client is a market leader in designing and selling online a range of children’s arts & crafts products. The company was founded over 40 years ago and is still a family run concern. They are based in Harlow, Essex and are within easy reach of the Stansted Express train line and M11.
The Digital Product Owner owns the performance and development roadmap for our ecommerce websites. First and foremost, this role involves monitoring performance to ensure the websites are operating as expected. Secondly, this role acts as the voice of our customer and business stakeholders, ensuring the external product development team is focused on delivering change with high business value. Covering research, specification, planning and delivery, this roles spans the complete change lifecycle.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Server Response Times
- Page Load Times
- Downtime minutes
- Website Development Costs
- Website Maintenance Costs
- Checkout Conversion Rates
Work with business stakeholders to design and document process, identify opportunities, capture and prioritise requirements. Support the development teams to design feasible solutions and deliver change effectively. Leading business wide programmes of change from inception to implementation.
Ensure the current and new sites are kept running fast and to resolve any performance issues that arise. In addition, we will in 2018 be involved in migrating the Magento 1.14 ecommerce sites to a new platform. The Digital Product Owner will be required to manage this project directly.
A) Monitoring performance, Web Configuration and Issue Management
- Responsible for the continuous monitoring of the websites performance.
- Working with the web development, hosting teams and 3rd party vendors (load testing, CDN) to ensure optimal performance of the websites all through the year.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining the configuration of the current and future websites, including but not limited to: payment gateways, shipping options, feeds management, tax settings, email communications, alerts and reporting etc.
- Responsible for the identification, investigation and fixing of web-related issues.
- You will manage them from identification to resolution.
- Issues can be reported by the internal areas but also by customers and you will work in conjunction with the internal and external support teams to identify and implement the right solution.
- Produce monitoring and performance insight on your area of ownership; highlighting issues and/or opportunities to improve performance.
B) User Experience Research and Product Specifications
- Manage user’s onsite experience and improve usability through a combination of user testing, user journey analysis and multivariate testing.
- Translating the business needs and requirements into high quality product specifications (e.g., flows, user stories, acceptance criteria etc.) for your development teams to implement.
C) Roadmap Development
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for the websites.
- Work with the business teams to define and prioritise with a pragmatic approach, focusing on value creation and strategic fit.
- Track and communicate progress.
- Manage communication to stakeholders.
- Manage the development backlog.
D) Testing and QA
- Responsible for ensuring the websites conform to specification.
- You will also be involved in the definition, implementation and management of a new system of automated web testing.
- You will pro-actively analyse the websites behaviour and data and identify and work to fix any potential issues before any software updates are released.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- 5+ years of working in online marketing / web development environment.
- 3+ years of proven experience in Ecommerce Web Product / UX role.
- Strong understanding of the elements required to deliver a good digital customer experience.
- Strong project management experience, especially in platform migration.
- Experience of Magento, Demandware or other Ecommerce platforms.
- A strong analytical mindset and skills, including the ability to break down complex scenarios into simpler, smaller parts.
- Experience taking accountability for a product with a visionary but economic approach to decision making, balancing business/customer needs and technical feasibility.
- Proven track record of gathering business requirements and writing user stories.
- Good understanding of the delivery lifecycle and governance process with the ability to identify and manage issues.
- Ability to manage website development and maintenance budgets effectively.
- A deep understanding of agile/lean principles, with a willingness to adapt and learn.
- Solid understanding of key drivers for B2B and B2C digital purchasing behaviour and a keen awareness of how to optimize the customer experience in a B2B and B2C e-commerce environment.
- Strong communication skills; able to talk with both business stakeholders and technical teams, facilitating discussion and negotiation.
- Basic understanding of website programming software and languages.
- Previous experience of managing 3rd party development agencies.
- Practical use of JIRA, or similar and proficient in Google Analytics or other web analytics software.