Financial Analyst - Permanent - Cheshire
Salary - £30,000
Stratford Reid are working with a fantastic business who operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. They are the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Our client has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. They recognise that the success of their business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of their people. They strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
They are looking to recruit a UK ADE Financial Analyst who will report to the ADE European Financial Controller and liaise between the Country Manager, General Managers, Office Managers and the Prague Shared Services Centre personnel. They will review monthly financial statements, prepare capital project requests, budgets and other financial analysis. The Analyst will assist the Prague SSC group with the monthly close.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide accounting & analytical support to the UK Country Manager Liaise with local plant managers about accounting topics, forecasts & budgets
- Follows the requirements for accounting adjustments (accruals, prepayments, provisions...)
- Perform ad hoc assignments as directed by the European Financial Controller
- Work with the Prague Shared Services personnel to supervise GL, AP & AR management
- Assist with monitoring and control of all costs
- Work with the Prague Shared Services office to make accounting adjustments and perform monthly and year end close
- Perform and Communicate P&L variance analysis and report findings to Management
- Assist Country Manager, GMs and VPs with Budgets and Forecast
- Assist Country Manager, GMs and VPs with Capital Expenditure forms and justification
- Liaise with Internal and External Auditors
- Performs other tasks as assigned or dictated by position.
- At least ACCA/ACA/CIMA Part qualified
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years in an accounting environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ax Dynamics and Hyperion experience preferred.
- Well-developed Spreadsheet, Word processing and Power Point skills, Strong Excel skills are a must
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures.
- Must be able to be pro-active and foresee the impact of accounting postings.
They currently operate a defined contribution pension plan (3-10%), 4x salary life assurance if a member of their pension plan, 2x if doesn’t join the pension plan, 25 days plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the skills and experience desired, we encourage you to get in touch and apply today.