Senior Sous Chef
My client is looking for an experienced Sous Chef who has built a reputation for quality food and service within a quality establishment.
Your efforts will be focused around supporting the Head Chef and guiding your team to ensure the maintenance and improvement of this standard.
When the head chef is absent you will be responsible for the management and running of all aspects of food, the kitchen and the team within it.
Duties to include:
• Responsible to the Head Chef during service for timing and progress of all dishes.
• Responsibility for the kitchen operation in the absence of the Head Chef.
• To assist with the training, induction and development of the kitchen brigade when required.
• To control wastage and to help maintain food costs.
• To ensure that the preparation and presentation of food are to the highest 2 Rosette standard and are maintained at all times.
• To keep both the Head Chef appraised of any problems within the Kitchen. These would include staff, Health & Safety, equipment, and any other areas connected with the Kitchen organisation.
• To be fully conversant with the menu and to be adaptable with continual changes to ensure that the menu is kept in line with customer demands and Company policies.
• Previous experience working as a Sous Chef within a quality establishment.
• Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota as well as a willingness and ability to extend or change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000
Location: Moulton, Newmarket
• Accommodation available.
• Uniform provided.
• Meals on duty.
• Perk Box Membership.
• Anniversary day off.
• Food Discount.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Aspire Cambridge Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.