Staff Nurse - Hereford
Liberty Talent are a specialist recruitment agency in the Health and Social Care industry currently recruiting for a Staff Nurse position at a purpose built Mental Health recovery unit. This fantastic client have a number of branches around the Herefordshire area.
My client are looking for a staff nurse who can..
- Act as a named nurse for a small group of individual clients and to maintain personal development plans, support plans, risk assessments and records in excellent order.
- Organise and participate in team meetings, social functions and individual programmes.
- Report changes in clients’ condition and mental state, and to provide prompt and effective interventions necessary to adjust treatment and personal development plans according to need.
- Maintain therapeutic and professional relationships with clients, their families and other staff
- Conduct groups and individual sessions with clients
- Communicate, support and advise clients and others as necessary.
- Be proactive in the introduction and implementation of new ideas and initiatives within the area of work.
- Maintain accurate clinical records and be aware of the legal implications of these documents. To involve clients in the formation of their records, where possible.
- Organise clients’ reviews. To liaise with medical staff and relevant others in maintaining and supporting clients.
- Monitor and maintain the safe use, storage and records of medication administration.
- Have knowledge of all medication being dispensed with awareness of possible contraindications, side-effects and therapeutic doses.
- Be aware of one’s own role as a client advocate and role model whilst maintaining professional boundaries at all times.
- Be familiar with safe guarding of vulnerable adults, to ensure that staff are aware of this and report any concerns immediately.
- Facilitate, welcome and sensitively handle feedback, including concerns and complaints, in line with the Complaints Policy.
- Support clients to maintain social networks and to access social and educational facilities within the community.
- Undertake domestic duties when supporting clients. For example, cooking and/or cleaning.
You will Have.....
- A degree in Nursing
- A valid NMC pin
- An employment history of at least one years in Nursing
- A positive attitude
Hours:38.5 hours over 7 days (Also part time considered)
Salary: £28000pa + £1000 Welcome bonus after succesful completion of the probation period.