Audio Visual Technician
To provide AV and technical support where required to all clients facilitating the hotel, bringing together the various elements of full solution offering to deliver top class live events for our clients.
The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:-
1. To service all AV requirements as requested by clients.
2. To offer technical advice and support.
3. Ensuring that all kit is set up neatly and to a high standard.
4. To keep an on-going stock check of equipment stored on site.
5. To undertake basic maintenance and repairs of all equipment
6. To operate events as needed
7. Work at local warehouse branch as needed
Key Skills and Experience Required:
The successful candidate will need to have at least 1 year experience working in the corporate av hire and live events industry with a broad knowledge of audio visual, sound and lighting equipment.
- Experience in a related role
- Hard working and enthusiastic
- Hands on knowledge of technical equipment
- Knowledge and experience of the events/ conference industry
- Client facing skills
- Good communication skills.
- Leadership qualities yet also a team player
- Smartly presented
- Attention to detail and a pride in their work
- Be able show good time management skills
- Be Computer Literate. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Full Driving Licence and Van driving experience.
- Strong creative thinking
- A keen interest in the industry and technical developments
- Professional with initiative and flexibility
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to handle more than one project at a time
- Time management and prioritization
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of business
- Willingness to work unsociable hours
- This is a permanent full time post commencing as soon as possible.
- There is a probation period of six months.
- This is a full-time post with occasional evening and weekend working, for which overtime will be paid.
- Basic hours of work are normally 08:00-17:00 with a one hour lunch break.
- Salary for this post is dependent on experience and on completion of probation.
- The holiday leave year runs from 1 January to 31 December. Holiday entitlement for full-time employees is 20 days per annum, including three days between Christmas and New Year, plus bank holidays.