Job Title Event Programmer
Education Not Applicable
Location Ticketmaster Pentonville Road - London, N1 9HF UK (Primary)
Career Level Experienced
Category Project/Program Management
Job Type Full-time
Salary Grade £22,000 per annum
As part of the Event Programming team the position of Event Programmer is responsible for the setting up of new events and special offers to be sold across all Ticketmaster sales channels. This takes the form of manipulating and entering data into the Ticketmaster system using a bespoke command and response programming language and various other software applications.
Event Programmers need fast and accurate data entry speed, are highly numerate, and have an excellent eye for detail. A high level of self-motivation is required as is the ability to work as part of a close team while liaising with other departments.
Ticketmaster is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
- Utilise bespoke ticketing software to program a variety of ticketing work requests.
- Prepare, create, check and maintain all types of events and offers ensuring all work is programmed accurately.
- Liaise effectively with internal departments and external clients to make sure all events are set up correctly to meet the client’s needs in a timely manner.
- Work within a team of people to ensure the Event Programming department works efficiently and maintains a high level of quality and consistency.
- Analyse and organise individual workload employing strong attention to detail.
- Follow rigorous checking procedures and set guidelines for events and offers.
- Become fully conversant with Event Programming processes and bespoke Ticketmaster software packages (TM Host, Event Pro, VPCT etc).
- Additional Event Programming or Client Services duties as required.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Work in a time pressured environment whilst maintaining a high level of service.
- Provide tiered support to other departments at point of on sale.
- Anticipate problems within event building and plan contingencies and strategies to deal with them.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
- Computer literate with a strong working knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Proven experience of learning complex software packages.
- Experience working in a data driven environment, where attention to detail was imperative.
- Experience in a fast paced environment, working in a target driven role.
- Educated to a minimum of degree level.
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success:
- Excellent time management skills.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to adapt and reprioritise in a highly pressured working environment.
- Organised, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), inter-personal skills.
- High level of initiative, self-motivated and conscientious.
- Competency with numerical data.
- Exceptional problem solving ability.
- Excellent team building skills to include immediate team members, internal departments and Clients alike.
You may have experience in the following roles: Computer programmers, ticketing roles, data entry roles.
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.