Accounts Administrator / Sales Ledger
About the Company: Our client is a well-established company on the outskirts of Loughborough, who are looking to recruit an Accounts Administrator / Sales Ledger to join their team on a permanent basis.
Key Responsibilities: Administering and maintaining an accurate Sales Ledger, covering 1200+ live customer accounts.
- Administer and system-enter all customer payments including cheques, direct electronic bank payments and card & cash payments. Update and liaise closely with Credit Controller on customer payments, in particular for accounts "On Stop"
- Ensure all payments are correctly allocated to invoices and credits on each customer account, and chase customer remittances as required
- Take full ownership in resolving customer account discrepancies and queries (including appropriate system entries).
- Process all sales invoices for direct debit customers. Generate and process all direct debit collections in line with agreed customer terms
- Produce weekly and monthly reports for sales staff and agents.
- Manage monthly sales ledger cut-off`s, ensuring that all sales invoices and final adjustments have been processed. Produce and mail out customer statements of account for complete sales ledger, immediately following cut-off`s
- Provide holiday, sickness and high workload cover for: Purchase Ledger Administrator, Sales Invoice Administrator and other Accounts staff
- Other duties as may be required from time to time, as determined by line manager.
- Minimum of 5 years office experience and are used to high volumes of invoice processing.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines.
- Good problem solvers and being able to handle queries.
- Good understanding of Microsoft packages including Dynamics AX.
- Good communication both written and verbal.
What's in it for you? This is a full time Permanent position. Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm (37.5hrs per week) some flexibility as required. Salary will be £17, 000 P/A (£negotiable depending on experience)
Interested to know more? My client is looking for someone to start ASAP so please send an up to date CV to or telephone for further information.