Senior Tool Setter - Sittingbourne £35K
My Client in Sittingbourne is seeking a Senior Injection Process Technician / Senior Tool Setter.
This is a Monday to Friday post. Shift work (7am to 3pm and the following week 3pm to 11pm) Experience is essential. Salary depending on experience £25-35K.
The role involves Tool Setting - Injection Processing. The Senior role will include the following:
- To be responsible for the Process Technicians and all aspects of their daily duties.
- To successfully Introduce SMED (Single Minute Exchange Die)
- To monitor and record the performance of the Setters in terms of efficiency and quality of product produced.
- To work with QC to ensure that the products produced comply with both ISO9001 - 2000 and British Standard Kite marking on our rainwater products, where applicable.
- To monitor the "Barco" production monitoring system to maintain and improve upon the efficiency of the injection moulders in the department.
- To work with the Injection Process Technicians to reduce downtime, improve safety and the efficiency of the setters by way of individual training.
- To work with the Tool Room to maintain tool quality and to have an input with design and the commissioning of new tooling.
- To introduce of a full training programme for the Setters under his/her control.
- To introduce, monitor and record the machine safety procedure. (regular individual machine safety checks)
- To work with the production planner to facilitate a smooth and efficient tool change schedule to minimise machine downtime.
- To aid with the specification of new injection moulding machines in conjunction with the company’s requirement.
- To monitor and record scrap in terms of product and sprue scrap (separately)
- To monitor and record improvements made to tool cycle times.
- To work with compound suppliers and Quality Control to formulate and improve PVC compounds. (non-lead - Calcium Zinc)
- To reduce downtime with regard to tool changing, Insert changing and colour changing on all inject moulders but in particular machines above the 580tonne and above.
- To ensure that the level of housekeeping in the department is maintained at a high standard at all times.
- To work with the Directors and Managers of the company to progress improvements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious company in Sittingbourne.
The company offer 22 - 25 days holiday (depending on length of service) plus an annual bonus (after qualifying period.)