Business Development Assistant - Digital Marketing - London
With offices in the UK, USA and across Europe this company are the fastest growing advertising affiliate network worldwide providing brands, agencies and media owners cutting edge technology and account management to ensure their advertisements get the most relevant online exposure. With a team of over 70 in their London office working with top tier clients such as Nike, Ann Summers and Oakley the company are continuing to expand and develop their products.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,200 per month with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the Business Development Team responsible for finding and developing new business opportunities.
You will report directly to the Head of Sales and be responsible for finding new potential clients. Working online at first and researching potential client web data. You will be using a mixture of online research and direct phone work to ascertain decision makers’ details and assess each prospect’s potential for web marketing.
You will be expected to use your initiative to find new leads and do whatever it takes to make the team work more efficiently. You will be treated as a full and active team member and you will get a chance to experience up close the workings of a sales team in this industry. Full training will be provided and this role will best suit someone confident, outgoing and keen to learn.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
• Develop a good understanding of what the company’s different solutions do and also to understand how the digital advertising industry is connected.
• Learn how to successful account manage existing clients, understand their specific requirements and in conjunction with the technical team tailor effective solutions.
• Learn how to pitch to new clients about the company’s advertising solutions, both via phone and face to face.
• Learn how to effectively present the company’s capabilities and offerings in the digital advertisement marketplace.
• Attend industry conferences and events to better expand your knowledge of the sector and build up your network of contacts within it.
• Support the business development team with general ad hoc duties.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
This entry level graduate role is ideal for a recent graduate looking to develop a successful career in Advertising, someone looking to learn more about Digital Marketing and to build their skill set in digital.
• Educated to degree level.
• Demonstrable passion for Marketing & Advertising shown either through education or previous work experience.
• A confident and outgoing character eager to learn lots in a short space of time.
• An organised individual who is able to prioritise workload.
• A genuine passion for online marketing and digital, and an interest in affiliate marketing and performance marketing.
• Someone who is commercially minded and interested in building successful business opportunities.
• Curious and determined to find a way past barriers – a glass half full person
What are the perks of interning at this company?
Join an internationally renowned advertising, marketing and affiliate marketing network with best practice training on offer and ample opportunity to progress within the business into other divisions and international offices.