Market Analytics Technical Specialist
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Peterborough with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent position for a Market Analytics Technical Specialist to join their Industrial Power Systems Division. The Salary on off is up to £53,000 (dependant on experience) plus an excellent benefits package.
Reporting to the Aftermarket Commercial Manager, this is a unique opportunity for someone to join the dynamic and rapidly changing aftermarket environment during a period of growth.
As the Market Analytics Technical Specialist you will provide hands-on technical leadership and collaborate across our client’s organisation to develop data analytics strategies and methodologies to provide market, competitor, product and commercial insights to drive aftermarket business growth. Growing our client’s aftermarket is a critical part of our InLine 6 Strategy and 2020 growth plan.
Key Responsibilities of the Market Analytics Technical Specialist
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a data analytics road map that identifies opportunities and insight to grow our client's aftermarket business
- Coaching and developing other analysts to become recognised and highly valued divisional experts in aftermarket data analytics
- Development and maintenance of engine lifecycle and population models to gain understanding of aftermarket opportunity, size, location and content
- Statistical and bottom up forecasting of parts sales
- Sales reporting, insights and gap (opportunity) analysis including CRM process and data ownership and KPI reporting
- Capture and analysis of market and competitor insights and intelligence
- Creation and implementation of an aftermarket data strategy
- Integration of new technologies to gain insight into machine and engine usage
- Collaborating with functional experts from Finance, Product Management, Data Analytics, Pricing, Marketing and Sales to build confidence and validate team insights and recommendations
- Engaging with, and presenting data to, senior internal and external stakeholders to align the organisation and prioritisation of activities to support growth plans
Qualifications and Experience required for the Market Analytics Technical Specialist role
Our client is looking for candidates who have gained the following skills and experience through previous market analytics experience:
- A highly numerate degree (preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field)
- Progressive professional experience which utilises quantitative analytical techniques to solve business problems
- A strong focus on continual learning in the Analytics field
- Sound knowledge in the use and application of Data Analytics software solutions for statistics and data visualisation. Commonly used tools in this role will include: R, Python, Java, Alteryx, tableau, DIAdem & MatLab).
- The ability to develop, code & maintain analytics tools and train others in these skills is highly desirable
- A broad business understanding with the aptitude to turn disconnected data sets into tangible commercial opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with people from many different backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with the ability to influence and resolve differences
- Proficient interpersonal skills to develop a collaborative/cooperative working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the business unit
Key Competencies of the Market Analytics Technical Specialist
- Customer Focus
- Managing Diversity
- People Development
- Problem Solving
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.