Qualified Accountant - Costs, investments, MI, budgets
Job Title: Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA OR CIMA
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary: £37,000 to £42,000 + £600 flexible benefit, 25 days’ holiday PLUS 8 Bank Holiday days, Pension, Life Assurance + MUCH MORE
Job Type: PERMANENT
Job Reference: PH9172B
This standalone role is based in the Balance Sheet Accounting team (part of the Management Accounts department within Finance) and is in my clients Milton Keynes office.
This varied role offers scope for development and would suit a qualified individual with strong excel and analytical skills couple with strong accounting knowledge.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Qualified in a recognised accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Good computer knowledge and skills, especially Excel
- Experience of SAP would be advantageous
- Be questioning of current processes and can highlight areas of weakness or risk
- A proactive and methodical approach
- An ability to work effectively within the team as well as being able to work on own initiative when required
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines
- Clear communications skills, with the ability to develop effective relationships with at all levels within the Firm
- Control and reporting of the Firm’s central costs and strategic investments, including preparation of monthly management information and annual budgets
- Liaison with key stakeholders to explain variances
- Assist with the ongoing development of accounting and reporting processes to ensure that SAP capabilities are fully utilised and that management information is continually improved
- Provide support to other team members to ensure smooth running of month end accounting
- Assist with ad-hoc projects within the Balance Sheet team as they arise
Wilde Associates is working in the capacity of an Employment Agency in respect of this role.