Accounts & Audit Semi-Senior
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Audit / Accounts Senior to work for a small independent firm of chartered accountants based at the heart of London’s West-End.
This small but thriving independent Chartered Accountancy practice has experienced strong growth in revenue arising from recurring and non-recurring fees and is poised for further expansion across all service lines.
A newly created opportunity has arisen within the firm, offering exposure to leading audit assignments, statutory accounts production, and handling financial and management accounting projects for clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Audit (50%) and preparation of statutory accounts (50%).
- Assist on a portfolio of clients, including a number of audit clients.
- Preparation of management accounts and VAT returns.
- Planning and carrying out accounts and audit fieldwork, statutory financial reporting and completion work.
- Close liaison with the tax department; completing occasional corporation tax computations.
- Client portfolio covering a wide variety of sectors, including retail, haulage and transport, manufacturing, property, LLPs, charities and academies.
- Undertaking work at client premises and liaising with clients, including acting as a point of contact for day to day ad hoc queries and enquiries.
- Developing strong client relationships and being the first point of contact for any queries
- Supervising, motivating and coaching staff.
- Keeping managers and partners up to date with progress.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will be an ACA / ACCA Qualified Accountant (or Finalist level) with proven experience of Audit & Accounts gained within a reputable chartered practice.
- You must be an energetic, career-minded individual with the confidence to engage with clients on a wide range of accountancy and business projects.
- Experience as an Audit / Account Senior leading a team (ideally within a SME firm)
Joining the firm's strong, yet friendly team as an Audit and Account Semi-Senior, yoru broad range of varied clients (up to c.£50m t/o), leading audit engagements and preparing year end statutory accounts, as well as preparing forecasts and business plans for a range of corporate clients. You may also be involved in supporting a Partner with occasional corporate finance projects.
Working Hours: 40 Hours + Overtime
Position: Audit & Accounts Semi-Senior
Duration (if temp/contract): Permanent
Salary: £25,000 to £35,000 - Negotiable on experience
Your CV will be forwarded to Robin Eades of ReuMilla Walker, a leading Practice recruitment consultancy based in Kent. The services advertised by ReuMilla Walker are those of an Employment Agency. Please contact Robin Eades at ReuMilla Walker.