We are looking for an experienced Care Manager in Wigan, Lancashire to join a national award winning home care provider. Our client specialises in consistent, quality companionship led services to private clients in their own homes, with a minimum of one-hour client call. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual eager to take ownership of a developing home care branch.
As Care Manager, you will work closely with Head Office to build the service, whilst being responsible for managing the day to day operations. Your duties will include:
- Recruitment, Induction & training of the staff team.
- Supervision and appraisal of all office and companions.
- Ensure good match and Introduce companions & befrienders to the customer.
- Interviewing potential companions and ensure staff retention.
- Meet with prospective customers to discuss their needs.
- Care Planning, Risk Assessments & Health & Safety.
- Representing the company and relationship building.
- Complete Quality Assurance Visits and service reviews.
- Ensure all legal, regulatory and the organisations standards are met or exceeded.
- Managing the staff team and carrying out any supervisions or appraisals.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and influence the team.
- Ideally hold a QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or working towards this.
- Be computer literate and ideally have experience of using a rostering system.
- Have good administrative office/planning/organisational and delegation skills.
- Experience within a managerial role in Domiciliary Care/Home Care or Community Care.
- A training qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
Above all we are looking for a Care Manager who can take on board a bespoke service, where everything is tailored around the client. Don’t worry if you have any questions we will give you a call to discuss your application and answer any questions you might have. So please click on apply!