Finance Manager (Oxford or Bedford base with 1 day per week in other location) £40,000 - £45,000 + car allowance
About the role
Due to continued business growth an excellent opportunity exists for a detailed and technically strong finance manager. Key to success in this role will be an excellent eye for detail, the ability to consolidate information from different business streams, good analysis skills and strong stakeholder management.
About Capita | Capita One
Capita One is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Capita One aims to transform lives by sitting at the heart of children and families services, Capita One's information systems keep everything in a single, comprehensive record. By enabling information sharing and multi-agency working, we're trusted by local authorities to provide the solutions to help teams work more efficiently so they can focus resources where they'll have the greatest impact.
As a business we're dedicated to helping local authorities achieve better outcomes for children, young people and families and turning around the lives of the most vulnerable.
What you will do:
- Providing directors and managers with accurate and timely management information and analysis
- Co-ordination and production of monthly and annual business reporting packs
- Preparation of Capita One's monthly financial information
- Updating, maintaining and producing reports via SAP and Capita Forecasting system
- Analysis of Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and KPI information
- Managing financial processes e.g. debtors, WIP, accruals, CAPEX, working capital, procurement and cash
- Maintain compliance with accounting policies and group requirements - implement processes and controls
- Providing an interface between divisional finance, other divisional business and the senior management team.
- Cost centre reviews, Journal preparation, input and month end reconciliations of the P&L and balance sheet.
- Production of ad-hoc analytical support on a full range of financial issues
- Support in the development of business cases and bids
- Manage the monthly and annual billing cycles
Your experience will include:
- Newly qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) with financial reporting and/or audit background.
- Strong Excel skills to include formula proficiencies.
- SAP knowledge would be advantageous.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with non-finance staff and at all levels.
- Highly organised with strong time management.
- Proactive and enjoys a challenge.
- Able to keep a level head during busy periods
- Excellent communication skills
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.