Risk & Internal Control Manager
LKQ Corporation (Euro Car Parts)
LKQ Corporation is the market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America, with an annunalised turnover exceeding $4 billion worldwide and more than 26,000 employees across 7 countries. Euro Car Parts an LKQ company, is the largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK, with 9,500 employees and 200+ branches nationwide. We are on track to achieve another record year in terms of, sales and investment into our infrastructure.
Despite the recent economic downturn, we are continuing our phenomenal growth in both the UK and Europe. Passion, high energy, resilience and a "will to win" are the driving force behind our astounding, yet consistent growth.
Our people are Talented, Driven, and Focused. At Euro Car Parts customer is king and our colleagues share a passion for customer service, innovation, business growth and sheer hard work.
Continuous training is provided to enable team members to thrive in a fast-changing business environment. We are particularly proud of our training and two year apprenticeship scheme.
Risk and Internal Control Manager
Head of Business Improvement and Systems
To be based in Tamworth - travel within the UK will be required
Due to the rapid growth at ECP combined with increasingly demanding professional standards, the need has arisen to strengthen the organisation’s risk management and internal control environment. This role is responsible for identification and mapping of company risks, designing and implementing effective risk mitigation procedures and analysing and optimising process within the organisation.
The priorities include improving the company’s internal control documentation standards and meeting all SOX financial reporting requirements for ECP and subsidiaries. The role will work closely with ECP’s sister companies in the Netherlands and Italy along with their respective risk and internal control departments.
We are looking for a candidate who will adapt in a dynamic and innovative environment with changing business priorities and demand. Successful candidates will not only develop a detailed understanding of business objectives, but will also establish and maintain a strong partnership with key stakeholders in the business.
- Execute process (risk/optimisation) analyses for ECP and its subsidiaries, including financial reporting and operational activities;
- Design, implement, and assess effectiveness of internal controls focused on financial reporting, compliance, operational and strategic risks;
- Design, implement and secure optimised processes and procedures (continuous improvement);
- Support and train employees in the areas of process optimisation and risk management;
- Liaise between LKQ Corporate Audit, external audit (Deloitte) and the company for the coordination of audit activities around internal controls;
- Monitor and report on controls, processes and compliance procedures to key stakeholders;
- Prepare periodic reports and updates on ECP’s ongoing process improvement and optimisation initiatives for ECP’s management and board of directors;
- Work with the operations teams to ensure adequate controls and procedures for physical stocktakes and daily PI counts are fully documented, in place, and communicated to each of the relevant parties as required;
- Educated to a degree level;
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified;
- Combined 5-7 years of financial and/or operational audit experience in external audit and/or internal audit;
- Strong grasp of internal control standards required, COSO and SOX knowledge is a strong advantage;
- Experience in risk analysis (accounting/internal control training is a strong advantage);
- Practical experience in process optimisation projects (Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus);
- Ability to effectuate change in a practical manner along with ability to think outside the box;
- Good interpersonal, problem solving skills and be a confident communicator at all levels;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure, and the ability to manage and prioritise own workload;
- Self starter, energetic, committed and independent;
- Shows a high degree of attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills, broad interests and intrinsically curious;