Senior BMS Owner
Senior BMS Owner required for high containment site based near Woking
Your new company
A world leading and highly respected research centre based near Woking.
Your new role
The Senior BMS Owner is responsible for the Management of the BMS Shift Teams providing site monitoring and system management of a highly automated high containment site. Including HVAC and process plant, high containment drainage and effluent treatment plants and equipment, standard building services including gases, water, compressed air, steam, condense and refrigeration systems. The shift team provide first line response and fix to reactive break downs out of hours and complete planned activities as required including Installation, commissioning and maintenance of various BMS systems.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be qualified to BTEC / HND /HNC / ONC / City & Guilds in Electrical, Electronic, Process Engineering or suitable vocational training.
The following experience is required:
- Line Management experience.
- Experience of the control of reactive and planned works.
- Time served through an apprenticeship / vocational training with a working knowledge of Trend, Schneider Johnstone's, Sauter, Abb, CMR or Honeywell systems.
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience in the BMS and controls industry
- Ability to trouble shoot using Root Cause Analysis.
- Have a good understanding of Plant and Equipment operating strategies.
- Have a good understanding of DDC / PLC controls to programme level.
- Calibration of field equipment.
- Fault Finding of panel wiring diagrams.
- Fault finding of Software flow diagrams.
- Understanding of IT BMS Networking.
- Have a good understanding of Condition Based Monitoring and control of plant and equipment using Building Management Systems (TREND/Schneider/Johnson Controls) including monitoring and responding to critical and secondary monitoring system alarms for high containment systems including HVAC, effluent, small power electrical distribution systems, control systems, voice and data systems, alarm systems and refrigeration.
- IT competent in MS office in particular Excel spread sheets.
- To carry out small installation, system Maintenance, reactive & additional works to the BMS systems (mainly trend).
- Understand Ladder Logic, IP addresses, networking, programming changes
What you'll get in return
Salary is between £40,000 - £45,000 per year. Annual leave is 25 days on appointment plus 10.5 days public and privilege days. The Institute has a subsidised child care scheme, staff restaurant and free parking. A competitive pension scheme is also offered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.