Finance Business Partner
Our client is a rapidly growing Renewable Power Generation company with Assets in several countries worldwide. The scale and complexity of the business is increasing rapidly as new investments are acquired and assets come on stream.
Given the rapid growth that the business is going through, the Finance team is focussed on maintaining and enhancing robust and scalable processes and systems that will meet the needs of the business in the years to come; presenting the need to recruit this newly created position.
As the newly appointed Finance Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Detailed review and analysis of project company / subsidiary results and hands-on support and guidance to their finance functions to ensure reliable reporting and robust processes and controls.
- Responsibility for timely and accurate financial accounting, tax, and other compliance requirements for several UK companies.
- Key role in quarterly close and consolidation process to ensure that requirements for Head Office reporting are met.
- Assist with the annual audit and responsible for completion of annual statutory accounts for various entities.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all tax requirements - e.g. VAT and Corporation Tax for certain group companies.
- Supporting the Controller and CFO with assessing and following-up tax risks and opportunities for the group.
- Implementing improvements to processes, including fuller use of systems, to drive efficiency and control.
- Assist in improving, documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Providing support and guidance to finance colleagues in project companies / subsidiaries.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualification.
- Strong grasp of IFRS accounting standards.
- Experience of Corporation Tax and VAT compliance.
- Good knowledge of accounting and financial systems with a proven ability to learn computerised systems quickly.
- Highly competent excel skills with experience of managing large and complex data sets.
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyse and challenge data to ensure accuracy and robustness.
- Strong intellect and problem solving ability.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and highly organised with a track record of driving change and implementing new processes.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence others using tact and diplomacy.
- Sage experience.
- Experience of accounting / financial reporting issues for a financial services business, such as IAS 39/IFRS 9, fair value accounting.
- Understanding of more complex tax issues such as transfer pricing, group / consortium relief, partial VAT exemption.