Graduate Client Relationship Executive - Events - London
Welcome to the fourth largest events business in the world! The digital marketing team looks after events (iMedia, Mobile Media Summit and ad:tech) that lead the way in the booming and fast-paced online advertising industry.
With over 80 events globally, in places such as Miami, Sydney, Cannes, Barcelona, London, New York and Tokyo, they have possibly the largest footprint of any digital events business in the world, with all of their event brands being market leaders.
The London team, based in Westminster, has responsibility for many of the European events and works with big name brands, agencies, publishers and the technology providers that supply them with the platforms to get their brand message in front of the consumer.
This is a grad job from day one offering NMW.
Key responsibilities of the role;
- Highlighting senior level Chief Marketing Officers and Marketing Directors that would be applicable attendees to the Digital Marketing Events the business creates.
Day-to-day activities will include;
This is the perfect opportunity for a recent graduate looking to take the first step into B2B events, with an exciting dynamic and growing events business in London, dealing with the digital marketing community.
- Responding to requests for VIP passes to events and registering qualified applicants
- Sourcing potential VIPs and informing them of the benefits of why they should attend
- Client relationship management with VIPs
- Generating leads and selling delegate passes/VIP passes
- Provide administrative assistance to the sales, production and marketing teams
- Produce a weekly report of any UK events – new bookings / cancellations / amendments
- Track and report weekly on client fulfilments including company description, logos, badges, seminar description and any other ad-hoc sponsorship deliverables
- Liaise directly with the operations & finance teams and external contractors/ vendors
- Act as a liaison for the department, ensuring that strict timelines and accuracy are consistently met
- Implement and maintain official client communications plan (e.g. welcome letters, website login/pwd, visa letter, exhibitor badges)
- Track and report sales inventory and as and when needed
- Assist on the delivery of the show onsite
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
- Computer literate including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Good data management skills with Excel
- Team player
- Excellent attention to detail skills / tidy
- Excellent time keeping & organisational skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Able to work flexible hours, be on site at exhibitions as and when required (may include overnight stays)
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
- Strong analytical and communication skills,
- Ability to communicate easily with senior business leaders
What are the perks of working at this company?
25 days holidays, commission on all sales, fun working environment in east London, free beer, ping pong and the possibility of a full time role working for the world’s 4th largest event organiser and the world’s largest portfolio of advertising, marketing and tech events.