Senior Estimator - Construction, Preston
Are you looking for a Senior Estimator job? Our client is a top 5 main contractor who can offer you clear career path and long term job security.
Our established client is a business built on solid foundations of delivering a seamless service in the construction industry. Their dedication to employing and developing specialist skillsets within their team, is a testament to the Company’s vision to offer a clear career path and long term job security. A fast paced environment where a can do attitude is a must.
Your new job as Senior Estimator
Due to the growth of tender opportunities they are looking to complement their pre-construction team with the recruitment of a Senior Estimator. Reporting into the Pre-Construction Manager your main responsibility will be to assist the team in the preparation and award of tenders mainly design and build for new build and refurbishment projects.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
- Produce estimates and costs plans for multiple construction projects from £3m to £20m
- Assess tender documentation requirements and present tender launch proposals
- Identify resources to complete the bid
- Identify potential risks and opportunities
- Compile comprehensive analytical net cost estimates for works including preliminary items in line with the Company’s standards to win work
- Regular liaison with construction planners, design managers, bid managers, consultants and our supply chain to deliver innovative solutions and tender proposals
- Present accurate net cost tenders for internal adjudication
- Conversion of estimates to tender submission
- Handover of successful tender information such that operational teams are suitably briefed
- Participate in post tender negotiations with Clients to secure individual projects
- Manage and complete bill of quantity production
What you need to be successful in your application for Senior Estimator
- Experience of tendering for both new build and refurbishment projects up to £20m
- Proficient at working with Conquest
- A working knowledge of BREEAM would be preferred
- Possess a strong understanding of construction and innovative techniques
- Hold a relevant construction qualification at HND level or equivalent
- Ability to estimate from first principles
What package you can expect to receive
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Benefits to include: Car or Car Allowance, Pension, BUPA and Life Assurance
What you need to do to apply for job for Senior Estimator
If you would like to apply to this role, click 'Apply now'