Ward Manager - Oncology HCA Healthcare
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services provider 2016'.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ward Manager to join our Oncology unit based at the Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE).
Our 21 bed Oncology unit treats patients in first class private rooms with the latest in innovative treatments and cutting edge technology. With nursing/patient ratios averaging 1:4 are specialist nursing team can become part of our patient's entire journey.
As a Ward Manager you will report into the Matron and oversee the running of this state of-the-art 21 bedded Oncology unit and you will provide the clinical and operational leadership on a daily basis, ensuring that exceptional standards of care are adhered to at all times.
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Shift pattern: Flexible although ideally 3 long days p/week; 8am - 8:30pm (Mon-Fri)
- Salary: £44,925 - £50,541 per annum
- Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To have continued responsibility for leadership and the safe management of the clinical area, acting as a clinical expert for junior staff.
- Take an effective role in staff management, including, recruitment and retention, staff training and professional development as well as managing rostering, holiday and sickness ensuring the unit is always appropriately staffed.
- Works collaboratively with the ward Matron to implement and achieve the unit's short and long term goals which are aligned with the organisational vision/mission and the nursing strategy.
- Maintains department and staff costs in line with budget and worked hours/units of service.
- Actively promote Clinical Governance, Clinical Effectiveness and other quality initiatives as well as ensuring that risk management strategies are in place.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with extensive post graduate experience in Oncology (Chemotherapy trained).
- Previous experience at Ward Sister level or above with excellent leadership skills.
- Oncology/ Haematology/Chemotherapy certificate with Mentorship qualification.
- Evidence of effective staff management with the ability to manage resources efficiently within budgetary constraints and for a constantly changing workload.
- Skill in prioritising workload and delegating as appropriate
- Good communication skills with a proactive and pragmatic approach.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.