Trainee AutoCAD Draughtsperson
Trainee AutoCAD Draughtsperson
Bournemouth - £20,000 - £25,000 D.O.E + Free Parking + Full Training
Dovetail Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity to join the Glazing Department of a well established design and construction company in the Bournemouth area who have an excellent reputation worldwide.
We are looking for a candidate who has a minimum of 6 months AutoCAD experience, preferably within the glazing industry to be trained up to work proactively as part of the team and liaise with other departments of the company in delivering high quality drawings, produce fabrication schedules and provide packing lists.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Producing detailed drawings of aluminium windows, doors, curtain walling, louvres, sunscreen, steel doors, steel fire rated screens and other products. Drawings to meet approval of architects, client and main contractor
- Producing fabrication schedules, cutting lists and installation details suitable for workshop and site
- Being cost conscious in relation to the contract works, estimate, programme and selection of the correct product, method of manufacture and installation
- Providing packing lists and crate inventories
- Attending contract launch meetings
- Liaising with glazing estimator, draughtsmen and designers, etc.
- Advising of any changes that may incur extra costs and charges
- Corresponding with clients, engineers and architects
- Attending meetings with clients, architects, main contractors and suppliers presenting their products and services in a professional manner
- Reporting to the Glazing Department Manager and working closely with the estimating, ordering and production members of the team
- Particular attention must be paid to specification and customer requirements to ensure any modifications are agreed by the customer
- Particular attention must be drawn to our Company’s requirements to fulfil its obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and CDM Regulations. Every project must have a proper design risk assessment carried out at the time of design so that future maintenance requirements have been allowed for. Our requirements to consider the above for construction need only be addressed in detail when the project becomes an order
- A sound knowledge, input and consideration is required concerning ISO9001, BS Standards, EN Standards and Factory Production Control
- Compilation of data sheets and operating instructions for input to the Maintenance Manual which we are required to provide on completion of every project/building under the CDM Regulations
Knowledge and Experience:
- Be a confident AutoCAD user with a minimum of 6 months work experience
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Be flexible to take on new tasks if requested
- Have a positive and progressive attitude
- Have excellent attention to detail
Experience within the Glazing industry would be extremely advantageous, however, not essential.
This role would suit candidates currently working as an: AutoCAD Technician, Draughtsperson or Glazing Draughtsperson
If you are interested in this position please click 'Apply Now’; alternatively, to find out more or to see other opportunities that we have available please visit our website.