You will support and will report directly into the Head of Credit but will also have significant exposure across the bank and with board level committees.
The role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a new and vibrant institution and to shape the bank’s infrastructure for extending and managing its retail credit portfolio.
Your work will include but not be limited to:
- Review and approve or decline credit referrals from the automated scoring and approval process under limits delegated by the Board,
- Manage the day-to-day collections process in coordination with the bank’s contact centre,
- Prepare analyses of the bank’s retail credit portfolio, including trends and insights,
- Support the Head of Credit on impairment provisioning and management / board reporting.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years practical experience in a UK retail bank
- Experience dealing with credit portfolios such as overdrafts, personal loans and / or credit cards
- Practical experience of some or all of:
- credit portfolio analytics
- scorecard development, monitoring and control
- fraud management
- provisioning, ideally some experience of IFRS9
- underwriting credit approvals
- preparing reports for management and the board collections processes