Test and Commissioning Engineer
Rotherwood are working with a client based in Skipton to recruit a Test and Commissioning Engineer.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To be responsible for testing / commissioning all equipment produced by the manufacturing facility. Working on the manufacture of products in accordance with issued procedures and work instructions to agreed quality standards, delivery deadlines and manufacturing targets.
Involvement with the Manufacturing Team, to establish the most effective and efficient processes and procedures for assembly, test and commissioning.
- To carry out train and assist in the testing of manufactured equipment
- To carry out Internal Testing and Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) of equipment.
- Commissioning on customers’ sites of manufactured equipment.
- Electro mechanical assembly in accordance with product drawings & Company Procedures
- Ensure compliance with Company procedures and controls.
- Undertake Electrical and Functional Testing in accordance with identified specifications, test procedures and work instructions.
- To accurately record and report all required information and data within the agreed timescale and procedures.
- Complete assemblies and provide assistance to other Departments as the workload demands.
- Provide feedback to Engineering and Management
- Self inspection and inspection of piece parts
- Cable routing on equipment
- Electrical wiring
- Mechanical assembly and fitting
- Travel and undertake repair work at remote sites where necessary.
- Prototyping and mock up manufacture in support of the development process.
- Take responsibility for personal aspects of quality.
- Other tasks as requested by the client.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- City & Guilds or equivalent electro/mechanical training & qualifications.
- Company training to meet the job requirements.
- Experience of PLC-HMI programming.
- Experience of robot control programming.
- Methodical approach to assembly, system testing and problem solving.
- Able to read drawings and carryout bench work.
- Task orientated with a flexible attitude.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge in all aspects of the manufacturing processes associated with wiring, assembly, test and fault finding etc.
- Self motivated, ability to work alone or as part of a small team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
The position will be subject to a 3 month trial period.
Approximate rate of pay = £30,000.00 per annum dependent on experience.
Basic working hours = 39 per week
Mon to Thur - 7.15am - 4.15pm (half hour lunch break)
Fri - 7.15am - 12.15pm