Accounts / Audit Senior
Looking for an experience Accountant and Auditor, wanting to get involved with some account preparation as well. A very broad role, for someone who would like to get further exposure to other areas of practice accountancy.
My Client are a warm, friendly vibrant environment, where every employee is a name and not a number. This firm have a very team and family orientation about them, where employees are valued. They take great pride in their work and provide excellent service to their clients and are always looking to go the extra mile. This in return is the same ethos taken by the Partners and directors of how they treat their staff.
The responsibilities for this Accounts / Audit Senior role for the accountancy practice based in Bath are:
- Full responsibility for all aspects of audit on Caseware (audit software)
- Perform an assessment of the systems and controls and identify risks as a result of this review.
- Perform preliminary analytical review and highlight risk areas for further audit investigation. Consider expected trends and ensure analytical review addresses this. Communicate expected trends and relevant ratios that should be included in this review to the audit team.
- In light of the above produce a work programme for the assignment tailored to the risks associated with the client.
- Draft the budget and assign audit areas to team members (where applicable) so as to manage the audit risks and develop the team members.
- For the majority of audit assignments, prepare or supervise the preparation of the draft statutory financial statements based on the information provided by the client.
- Organise, prepare agendas for and, where appropriate, chair team meetings and communicate the strategy to the other members of the team. This is to include all team members not just audit.
- Ensure team members objectives have been set.
- Ensure all Manager and Partner review points noted and cleared.
- Controlling the Assignment
- Where appropriate, allocate work to team members based on skill and knowledge of team members, ensuring meet development objectives: in particular assigning more responsibility to more junior staff.
- Complete the complex areas of the assignment.
- Provide on the job training to assistants.
- Review the work of assistants and provide informal feedback throughout the fieldwork stage.
- Ensure work of assistants has been completed and reviewed and any issues highlighted and resolved before manager review (to allow manager to concentrate on key risk areas).
- Act as a point of contact for both manager and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the audit.
- Review actual to budgeted time and inform manager of any issues immediately.
- Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly.
- Communicate with other departments (e.g. tax, payroll etc.) and pass on all relevant information.
- Be aware of developments concerning client's affairs and any opportunities to provide additional services.
For your application to be considered for this Accounts / Audit Senior role in Bath, you will be
- Part qualified, fully qualified ACA/ACCA or QBE
- Recent Accounts Prep experience
- Recent Audit experience
- Well-organised and self-motivated professional team player
- Good communication skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Have analytical mind
- Already have a good grasp of technical audit issues and able to manage your own time and budgets.
For this Accounts / Audit Senior role out client are offering:
- Competitive salary package with annual salary review.
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays depending on grade - plus Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Normal Hours 37.5 per week