Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing and Communications Manager
Salary: £32k per annum
Founded in 1986, our client's organisation is the trade association for all those working in the field of design, supporting them and championing the transformative power of design. Their membership consists of 450 design consultancies and design-driven businesses, including many of the brightest and most respected names. They work to build universal confidence in design investment and promote the power of effective design. The bridge between design and business, they are committed to promoting the use of design at a strategic level to solve business and societal problems.
A key part of the company's role is to represent the design industry in the wider world - in particular, in its dealings with government and the media. Whatever the issue, it's their job to ensure that their members' collective voice is heard.
Working in an exciting and dynamic industry, with inspiring and market-leading design professionals, it will be your job to develop and deliver innovative, targeted marketing plans which drive engagement and sales across the portfolio of our client's products and services.
It will be your responsibility to collect and analyse data, lead and execute marketing and communications tactics which bolster membership retention and recruitment and events and training sales, and then to measure and report on the effectiveness of their campaigns.
You will need strong project management skills and should be a dynamic, creative thinker with impressive attention to detail and an excellent level of commercial awareness.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan and manage all digital and offline marketing and communications campaigns and activities, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, CRM, direct mail, partnerships, PR and advertising.
- Continuously monitor, measure and report on the results of marketing and communications activities.
- Manage and deliver data-driven customer and market research processes, producing analysis and clear recommendations.
- Manage and deliver multi-channel customer relationship management initiatives.
- Devise and implement press and publicity plans across the breadth of the organisation's activity which contribute to their positioning and support their corporate mission.
- Manage and promote the organisation's online presence, engaging audiences and building their reputation.
- Produce creative and engaging written material for advertising, press releases, articles and other promotional activity.
- Promote their suite of events, training and awards programmes, creating engaging campaigns which ensure profit targets are met.
- Plan and execute creative, engaging member communications campaigns to support retention and recruitment activities and generate sales leads.
- Manage the organisation's design projects, prioritising design spend, briefing designers and planning and overseeing execution.
- Manage our client's website, ensuring that all content is up-to-date, correct and relevant, and working with the rest of the team to develop and amend where necessary.
- Manage and inspire the Marketing and Communications Executive, ensuring objectives and work targets are being met.
Skills and expertise needed:
- Strong and demonstrable experience of managing and executing marketing and communications plans.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of managing: social media platforms, email marketing software, Google Analytics, CRM systems, SEO/SEM, CMS management.
- Some experience of managing budgets.
- Experience of design management and website management.
- Creative, with a flair for the written word and a keen eye for the visual aesthetic.
Closing date: 5pm 7th April 2017
Please submit a CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the post.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.