Maintenance Engineer night shift
You will be joining a truly fantastic family run business who have three offices located in the Midlands and North. Steady successful and long established, the teams are empowered and. We are therefore looking to recruit a flexible and experienced team player as a Maintenance Engineer (night shift) you will be based in Sheffield. The role is permanent and full time.
As the Maintenance Engineer, you will be providing maintenance, breakdown and support engineering to customer owned equipment on site. Working as a team member to maximise efficient operation in a safe working environment.
- Perform routine, planned maintenance on all customer equipment and observe daily, weekly and monthly tests and recording policies
- Pro-actively work with the team, supervisor and manager to report known issues / faults and to ensure they are effectively dealt with and closed out
- Perform breakdown repairs on customer machines
- Record parts used, maintenance performed, repairs and remedial activity required
- Pro-actively work with the team, supervisor and manager to close out jobs, or complete necessary remedial works
- Provide support to cover small maintenance works on the buildings where required
- Ensure good house-keeping at all times, ensuring both workshop and shop floor areas are clean and tidy
- Make suggestions to improve working practices
- Pro-actively communicate with all team members, supervisors and manager at start and end of shifts to ensure all are aware of completed maintenance / repairs and outstanding maintenance / repairs
- The Maintenance Engineer needs to be electrically competent. C&G236 level 3 or equivalent
- Electrical testing and logical fault finding processes
- Understanding of wiring diagrams
- Able to maintain a high-volume production line to ensure productivity is maximised
- Team work and communication skills
- Ability to think on your own and use initiative
The working week runs Monday to Sunday. Your hours of work are 40 per week, Monday to Thursday, and Sunday 21:45-06:15 inclusive of an unpaid 30 minute break. A degree of flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit customer demands is required and you agree to work additional hours as requested. On occasion, you may be required to work the day or afternoon shift.
- The hourly rate is calculated as follows: (Annual Salary/52 weeks per year)/40 hours per week
- Hours worked more than the rota'd hours in each Sunday to Thursday period are paid at a rate of 1.5x the hourly rate
- Friday and Saturday working is paid at 1.5x the hourly rate (outside normal working hours above)
- Hours prior to commencement of shift on a Sunday are paid at 2x the hourly rate
- Statutory holidays: No premium rate is applicable
The starting salary for this position is circa £28,500 per annum, reviewed after three months, you will be part of a multi-branch company who offer 33 days' holiday (including bank holidays,) pension, healthcare, sick pay, childcare vouchers, long service awards.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to Julie Allan in the first instance via the relevant channel.
Call Julie Allan to discuss further - "I look forward to hearing from you!"