Underwriting Training Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
To own the planning, delivering and assessing of all technical underwriting training undertaken within Lending Operations. This includes all new starter training and assessment as well as on-going competency training and delivery of changes in procedures. The role will predominately focus on training but the individual will hold a Lending Mandate to ensure they stay up to date with current lending policy and will be required to support underwriting when required.
- Identify, analyse and quantify end to end training requirements through effective stakeholder management and review of monthly SLA’s.
- Establish a rolling programme of training that delivers strategic improvement to both quality and productivity across the whole of Lending Operations department.
- Responsibility to ensure Training & Competence Folders are maintained and any on-going training is effectively documented to evidence on-going competence
- Work with Team Managers to identify training requirements across the teams to ensure on-going competence & deliver improve performance.
- Undertake both group and individual training sessions on Technical Lending Policy, procedure changes & measure effectiveness of learning through assessment
- Manage coaching & training requirements for an staff under a performance improvement plan. Fully documenting coaching and assessment.
- Manage the 'new starter’ training programme for both Underwriters & New Business Assistants to include assessment & feedback of all case reviews from Day 1 through to full integration into the role and mandate approval.
- Review & update training material to ensure that it meets current regulation, operational procedures and processes.
- Design of appropriate evaluation metrics to ensure transfer of learning and return on investment
- Lead, manage and deliver projects and initiatives whilst maintaining active involvement in decisions and participation with associated project work.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in Underwriting essential, have a deep underwriting knowledge of Lending Policy & Procedures.
- Coaching & Development experience
- Working knowledge and ability to design and apply multiple learning methodologies
- Excellent questioning and listening skills
- Ability to competently use all the systems relevant to the role.
- Up to date knowledge of current regulatory requirements
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Having held a Senior 1st Mortgage Underwriting Mandate for a minimum of 3 years.
- Undertaken coaching and training
- CeMAP / CeRCC (Preferable, if not a willingness to train to obtain)