Head of Finance
We are currently working alongside the Cumberland Building Society, a mutual organisation and the 10th largest building society with 34 branches, over £2 million assets and around 150,000 customers. A highly regarded Building Society who provide a full range of mortgages, savings and current accounts for both personal and business customers, together with estate agency and vehicle finance subsidiaries. Cumberland Building Society are seeking to appoint an ambitious, technically strong, fully qualified accountant who is looking for a progressive and clear career path to Director level.
Reporting to the Finance Director and as part of the senior management team, you will add significant value to the organisation and take line management responsibility for a finance department of nine. You will ensure the timely delivery of financial management and statutory information, including reporting on results, variance analyses, budgets and projections for the Board as well as information returns to the Bank of England. The successful appointee will significantly contribute towards the achievements of the Groups business objectives, both commercially and strategically.
Qualifications and experience sought:
- Fully Qualified accountant, either ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Hands on experience of managing a finance team
- Technically strong with the ability to deal with a high level of complexity
- Articulate report writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive basic salary: £60,000 - £75,000 per annum
- Excellent benefits including; Company car, contributory pension scheme, death in service 4 x basic salary, private Healthcare scheme and relocation package
- Excellent progression and long term prospects to become Finance Director within a highly regarded Cumbrian based organisation.