Finance Assistant - RAF Charity - Full Time or Part Time
Finance Assistant - RAF Charity - (Full Time or Part Time)
Full Time (37.5hrs) or Part Time (22.5hrs)
Saunderton, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£18,000 - £24,000 (pro-rata if Part Time)
SAGE Experience essential
As the Royal Air Force charity embedded within the serving RAF community, our client, the RAF Central Fund, provides approximately £5m of charitable support annually to the serving RAF family worldwide, principally through the charity’s grant making programmes. Grant applications range from a few hundred pounds to multi-million pound capital projects.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Fund for a confident, self-motivated Finance Assistant to support all aspects of the charity’s work and development through the provision of strong financial assistance.
Working as a member of the Fund’s small team, the Finance Assistant will maintain the Fund’s financial records on SAGE, act as the principle administrator of the charity’s bank accounts and process the charity’s monthly payroll on SAGE payroll. In addition to utilising existing bookkeeping skills, working directly alongside the Finance and Operations Manager provides the Finance Assistant with the opportunity to develop wider financial management, planning and control skills.
The successful applicant must have experience of SAGE accounting and payroll packages, be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working on their own initiative.
The Finance Assistant will be generally based at the Fund’s office at the Clare Charity Centre in Saunderton, however will additionally be required to work at their registered office at HQ Air Command, RAF High Wycombe. The role will also involve travel to other RAF Stations, both within the UK and occasionally overseas. A full clean UK driving licence is essential for this position.
The position is offered on a permanent full-time (37.5 hours per week) or part-time basis (22.5 hours per week). Some flexibility on hours and days worked is feasible.
- Experience in the use of SAGE
- Experience of maintaining accounting ledgers and running accounts to trial balance level
- Assisting with or the production of management accounts
- Processing of bank payments and receipts via online banking systems
- Excellent IT software skills, particularly Word and Excel
- Well organised, efficient and accurate
- Able to maintain confidentiality and deal with sensitive information
- Articulate with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a varied workload against deadlines and agreed timetables
- Ability to maintain controls within the organisation to ensure financial probity
- Ability to work independently across multiple physical sites with minimal time management
- AAT qualified/part qualified CAAB
- Some experience of the charitable sector
- An understanding of the Charities SORP and charitable statutory account formats
- Experience of working with grant making organisations
- Knowledge of Charity and Gambling Commission mandatory reporting requirements
- Ability to improve controls within the organisation to ensure financial probity
- Production of management accounts: 1 year
- Maintaining accounting ledgers and running accounts to trial balance level: 1 year
- Sage: 2 years
If you have the relevant experience required and believe that this is the opportunity for you, please apply with your CV and a cover letter ASAP.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV / cover letter to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list*