Senior Product / Systems Engineer Engines
Encore Technical Solutions (Automotive, Engineering & Technical Recruitment) are currently recruiting for a Senior Product / Systems Engineer (Engines) in Derbyshire
Job Description For Vacancy No:_231119T
Consultant: Tim Bees
Job Location: Derbyshire
Job Position: Senior Product / Systems Engineer (Engines)
Job Status: Permanent
The Role: As a result of an increasing number of exciting engine development programmes, our client is seeking a talented Engineer with a strong background in engine related component and system design and verification from concept to volume production.
Qualifications: Mechanical Engineering Degree
Experience: In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record for delivery of design innovation and a desire to be 'hands-on' with projects from concept to completion, the ideal candidates will possess:
- A degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a strong background in one of the following areas:
- Air handling system ownership
- Cylinder head system ownership
- Turbocharger specification, application, issue resolution and package
- Fuel systems, system ownership
- Lubrication and crankcase ventilation system ownership
- Front end accessory drive system ownership
- Considerable experience working in a similar role with a major engine manufacturer or Tier1 supplier.
- Lead system engineer experience through at least one project including supplier management and customer liaison.
Responsibilities: This important new role involves:
- Generation of innovative engineering solutions working as part of a fast paced team.
- Engineering lead role for one or more engine systems within a new engine product or product extension, including definition and validation of detailed system and component technical specifications.
- System and component level design and refinement to achieve the defined package, cost, performance and durability targets, through close liaison with external suppliers and internal stakeholders such as purchasing, manufacturing and operations.
- Supervision or completion of scheme design, detailed design, design analysis, tolerance stack, and design release. Support to machine teams to ensure package suitable for machine installation, including verification of assembly process and hot test.
- Generation and maintenance of component, function, and engine DFMEA and DVPSOR, application guides, installation manuals, and internal standards. Provide support to PFMEA process.
- Organisation of detailed change trackers, plans for each component including lead times and verification to support internal gate reviews and ensure on-time delivery of product launch.
- Organisation of component and engine level test including rig, dyno and machine fleet trials to demonstrate robustness and achieve Engineering Sign Off.
- Supplier management and liaison including selection, design, manufacturing, APQP and warranty reviews including 8D. Willingness to travel to supplier and sub-supplier sites considered essential.
- Commissioning and/or completion of Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) in support of design decisions as required to ensure that systems are Virtual Engineered robustly.
Basic Hours: 39 hours per week
Monday - Thursday 08.00 - 17.00, finish at 13.00 on Fridays
Salary/Rate: £38000 - £50000
Excellent remuneration, benefits and relocation support packages.
Support for continuous career development.
Opportunities to progress your career in the UK and overseas.
Discounted health and dental care schemes.
Fitness centre and sports facilities.
Excellent and easy access to regional transport links.
Company Lift Share and Cycle to Work programmes.