Assistant Management Accountant
LMA recruitment is currently recruiting for an exciting tech start-up business with large funding based in the west end of London. They are looking for a progressive Accounts Assistant to step up into an Assistant Management Accountant role. My client is looking for a candidate with a highly professional in your approach, and discreet and responsible with financial information. A believer in the importance of establishing the right level of robust process and procedure to enable scale up, and ready to trail blaze or encourage the use of those processes across the organisation with a "can-do" attitude.
- Responsibility for a range of accounting and administrative activities, including: maintaining and reconciling all records in Xero;
- Posting in-bound invoices and setting up approved supplier payments;
- Raising customer invoices and assisting with credit control; filing VAT returns; and, preparing payroll calculations.
- Contributing to the processes of monthly management account preparation, budget reports, internal reporting and generating KPIs, as well as preparation for annual audit.
- This is likely to include maintaining an asset register, balance sheet reconciliations, calculating a range of month end journals, variance tracking and supporting cash forecasting.
- A-level qualifications + AAT or a degree in accounting / finance / business / economics
- Part or full ACCA / ACA qualification
- An incredibly sharp mind with the academic or work history to prove it
- Several years of experience in private practice or in a similar role to this one
- Experience of using Xero or Sage would be nice to have
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written - and be comfortable working with people from different teams across the business
Extra credit if you:
- Have worked in a fast-growing start-up and/or a technology company
- Have been involved in grant funding applications and reporting, or preparation of materials for R&D tax credit claims
- Can demonstrate that you've previously been involved in designing or implementing new processes
- Can provide excellent references from colleagues as well as supervisors in your current/previous roles