Orka Financial is currently working with a large, established business based in Basingstoke that is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join one of their divisions that provides technology solutions. Although the role is based in Basingstoke, it requires flexible travel to 3 other locations across the UK.
The role works very closely with the Managing Director and Sales Director and responsibilities include;
- Act as a senior member of the management team through pro-actively challenging and contributing to decisions regarding business and financial strategy with a focus on controlled growth of the business
- Responsible for all group business reporting requirements including monthly results generation, forecasting and monthly financial/operational reporting.;
- Embed measures for tracking performance against financial and non-financial indicators to provide meaningful management information and support decision making
- Assist with bids and pricing of contract change, provide commercial finance support as required.
- Drive cash generation and working capital management and forecasting
- Take ownership of balance sheet management and control
- Develop and a high performing Finance team who provide support to the commercial and operational colleagues through reporting, analysis, and challenge
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Strong people management capabilities with an ability to challenge and make decisions
- Strong customer service and quality focus
- Team player with genuine enthusiasm to contribute to the company and staff
- Ability to build strong relationship and challenge when necessary
It is essential that there is flexibility to travel to other locations nationally up to 3 days a week