MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
JOB TITLE: MARKETING AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
SALARY: £25,000 - £28,000
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits + additional benefits
Main Purpose of the role:
You will be working directly with the heads of department to identify, pursue and convert new business opportunities within their target industry sectors and with a cross-service and cross-office approach. This is a practical and hands-on business development role, requiring commercial understanding and the energy, pace and enthusiasm to make a difference.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and manage the firm’s sector initiative and related business development activities
- Working with internal staff to deliver agreed business development activities to attract, engage, convert and retain clients.
- Develop and co-ordinate firm-wide business development programmes and campaigns, for the purpose of lead generation and client development.
- Develop and embed best practice business development activities using a multi-channel approach incorporating sector sales and thought leadership campaigns, direct targeting, digital marketing, telemarketing, joint BD activities with key intermediaries and ensuring follow up of all new business opportunities.
- Manage a rolling lead generation/telemarketing programme using an outsourced provider.
- Proactively identify opportunities to generate incremental revenues with existing clients through client development and cross-selling programmes.
- Use market research and client insight to understand buyer behaviours, needs, preferences and sales triggers.
- Undertake research and analysis of the competitive environment, industry sector trends, target audiences, individual companies and identify new business opportunities for the firm, using online business research tools and possibly data acquisition.
- Identify and progress new business opportunities indirectly through working with recognised intermediaries and influencers.
- Build strong relationships with Sector Heads, Sector Group members and fee earners at all levels.
- Coach and advise internal staff on business development campaigns, new business targeting and cross-selling.
- Brief other members of the Central Marketing and Business Development team to incorporate appropriate elements of the marketing and communications mix, such as thought leadership, content marketing, digital channels, social media, events and sponsorship, to design multi-channel business development campaigns and extend market reach.
- Provide input to refine client, prospective client and intermediary invitation lists for marketing campaigns and events, as relevant to individual Sector Groups
- Ensure all business development activities are accurately recorded on the firm’s CRM system, to enable data quality and accurate sales pipeline and client reporting.
- Monitor activity and co-ordinate sales data, bi-monthly sector dashboard reports, Sector Group meetings, delivery of actions and evaluation of results.
- Promote positive change, engagement, progress, continuous development and creativity to pursue new business and client development opportunities within our core sectors.
- Take personal responsibility for opportunities to enhance skills, experience and personal development plans.
- Previous experience in a business development role, preferably in a B2B, professional services sector
- Strong business development skills across both new business development and client development
- Experience of planning and managing a range of business development programmes, campaigns and activities
- Good commercial understanding of the firm, its markets, industry sectors and client base
- Ability to present yourself confidently and advise, engage and influence partners and staff at all levels
- Operate as a business partner to Sector Heads and provide practical and hands-on business development support and advice to Sector Groups
- Strong project management skills and flexibility in managing a range of business development activities and projects
- Experience of researching companies and target audiences and managing business development data and dashboards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to network internally and externally
- Proactive and energetic approach with the ability to work well on their own and also as part of a team
- Work as an integrated member of the Marketing & Business Development team
- Ability to brief members of the Marketing team on marketing communications requirements to support BD campaigns and activities
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Willingness to be flexible and visible at all office locations (primarily 2 offices in the Northwest)
- A full UK driving licence and access to a car whenever required
KEY WORDS: Business Development, Business to Business, professional services, accountancy, legal, Chartered Surveyors and marketing.
Manchester, Liverpool, Birkenhead, Wallasey, Wirral, Warrington, Wigan Kirkby, Ormskirk, Bootle, Crosby, Southport, Chester, Manchester, Stockport, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire, Preston, Blackburn, Sale, Cheshire