Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Our esteemed oil and gas based manufacturing client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with Solid Works experience to join their expanding team.
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will apply your expertise in engineering principles to generate and develop innovative designs and solutions within the oil & gas industry. You will work in conjunction with the Production and Engineering Department, and will be part of a team responsible for the design of high quality, technically innovative and commercially competitive products to be used within the oil & gas industry as either a stand-alone products, or as part of a full production solution.
- Assist in developing of project specification.
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with Production and Engineering departments.
- Ensuring products can be made reliably and will consistently meet the high technical standard required by the oil industry.
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Planning and designing new prototypes to meet the customer requirements.
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs.
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer aided design.
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
- Work towards improving the efficiency and performance of existing designs.
- Undertake extensive research to determine whether a new product will be cost effective to the business and its customers. This involves using AutoCAD and SolidWorks to produce technical plans and working with prototypes.
- Collecting and analysing data and producing detailed reports for management and clients
- Problem-solving skills, creativity, a good knowledge of design software and the ability to work in a team.
- Consider several factors when working on projects which include cost, maintenance, safety regulations, legal stipulations, the environment, quality and other production guidelines.
- Ensuring safe working practices at all times.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of design and engineering procedures. You will ideally have a Mechanical Engineering Degree or similar discipline as well as experience conducting complex hand calculations including stress analysis.
The successful candidate will have a knowledge and understanding of DNV off shore standards along with experience in the DNV design review process. You will be proficient in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
You will have mechanical design related product knowledge, have a methodical and innovative approach to problem solving including strong attention to detail. You will be a strong communicator who builds collaborative relationships and demonstrates the ability to influence effectively.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV to discuss in more detail!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd