Portering Manager- Watford
Portering Manager- Watford - competitive salary + bonus & benefits
Monday-Friday (Occasional Weekends as business required)
Closing Date: Friday 24th March 2017
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a hardworking and innovative Portering Manager to join us at Watford Hospital.
As the Portering Manager you will report into the Operations Manager and will manage a highly trained team, across 4 areas, to deliver an efficient and profitable portering service, within contract scope and Company policies, procedures and guidelines. You will be overseeing 4 areas; the helpdesk, department porters, Waste team and also the General pool.
What is on offer?
- A highly competitive salary +bonus +benefits is on offer for the right person.
- Parking is available on site.
- Excellent Public Transport links
- A supportive management, a highly skilled team and a rewarding career path.
You will be able to make your mark in a business that is going through growth and transformation. You will be rewarded for achievement and will be able to implement your own ideas. You will be supported to be a great Portering Manager and guided into a career path.
- Understand and deliver all contractual terms for the Portering Service
- Ensure full purchasing compliance
- Complete labour schedules within agreed budget
- Ensure all costs are managed effectively and within budget
- Be a supportive leader to the team, manage any learning issues and create a positive working environment
- Monitor labour turnover and keep it to a minimum
- Recruitment of front line staff
- Succession planning
- Health and safety
- Encourage the team to provide an excellent service which in turn will product excellent client satisfaction surveys
Operational experience ideally within a portering service
Good IT Skills
Strong communication skills
Ability to work to tight deadlines
Flexble and motivated
If you are a confident and robust Manager who enjoys variety and is passionate about customer service excellence we want to hear from you. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make their mark in a Blue Chip company with progression and future opportunities.
Applications outside of healthcare and portering will be considered. Apply Today!!
About the company
Our company vision is Great People, Great service, Great Results. It’s a vision we hope you’ll share as it’s helped us to become a world class business, with over 50,000 people developing their careers with us, here in the UK alone. Join us and enjoy exceptional support, variety and opportunity.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.
So if you are looking for the opportunity to achieve your full potential in a team that is focused on great people and great service, we'd love to hear from you.For more information about this role or working at Compass Group please contact Hannah Heuston- .