A exciting opportunity has arisen for Part Qualified Assistant Accountant to join a global business based in Paddington.
The role of Assistant Accountant will assist with the preparation of the monthly accounts in accordance with month end process timetable, including the input of month end journals and preparation of reconciliations, for example some of, but not limited to, the below:
- Preparation and entry of project and General Ledger journals
- Fixed Assets related tasks, to include management of Capex Actuals
- IFRS adjustment journals
- Analysis of Marketing Development Fund programme to include processing monthly journals
- Analytical review of Expenses
- Review and Issue Check list of monthly journals (Revenues/Expense) to support accuracy of P&L
- P&L analytical review to ensure reasonableness of P&L (i.e.no anomalies)
- Explanation of FX P&L impact each month
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for a range of areas, including detailed analysis and explanations for movements
- Transfer Pricing Calculations and monthly Journals
- Process documentation
- Provide support with Review settlement accounts and Regional Office cashbook journals
- Provide support with Regional office funding
- Contributes to Statutory & Subsidiary Accounts preparation
- Performs ad hoc project, analysis and tasks (such as process improvement, issue research) as requested.
- Assists other teams within the Shared Services Centre (AP, Billing, Cash Management) with journals and accounting queries
- Part Qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Flexibility to prioritise tasks from different areas within the team
- Desire to understand the foundation/Drivers behind transactions
- Good Numerical and analytical Skills with Accuracy and attention to detail
- Sound knowledge and experience of financial accounting and external statutory financial reporting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills - Pivot Tables, Sumifs and Vlookup functions
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials is desirable but not essential
This role is a great opportunity to work for a global business with a positive culture.
If you are interested in this Assistant Accountant position then please apply below or send your CV to