Accountant / Tax Manager (ref 1302)
This Cheltenham practice provides business advisory, accountancy and tax services to a range of entrepreneurial businesses and high net worth individuals, including non-UK domiciles. They are looking for an Accountant / Tax Manager who has experience of managing a mixed portfolio of clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to show your ability and acumen within a small but rapidly growing company which prides itself on combining a personal service with top quality accountants and advice. The business is not a processing centre and looks to add value to clients and all levels.
The successful applicant would lead the team and manage the overall compliance function to include accounts, corporate tax returns and personal tax returns. Software used is Digita, whilst most clients are encouraged to use Xero for bookkeeping (some use SAGE). There is no payroll function, which is outsourced, with limited bookkeeping and VAT returns. The clients range from small corporates (start-ups to turnover of £5m, but in the main they are under £1m turnover) and high net worth individuals / directors.
You will be competent in delivering a set of accounts for a client, managing their deadlines and the associated work and communication.
There is potential for someone to grow in an advisory capacity and take on more bespoke parts of the tax projects or focus on running the compliance part of the business. Personal attributes include initiative, organisation, keen eye for detail and communication.
This opportunity is suitable for you if you would like to work in a smaller practice in a varied environment and develop a broad knowledge base. Further study support is available
- Experience of handling multiple clients, either from a practice background or as a self-employed accountant.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Experience of some accountancy software is essential. Xero and Digita accountancy software experience is desirable but not a requirement as training will be provided.
- Ability to perform under pressure with challenging timescales.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Interact with staff on all levels of including senior management.
Hours - Full time
Location - outskirts of Cheltenham. Free parking.
Salary range and benefits - Depending on level of experience and knowledge £35,000 to £45,000