Assistant Chef Manager
Do you have a passion for food and sports? We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Chef Manager, to support the catering operation for a newly built sports centre situated within the University of Nottingham campus.
This new business is a state-of-the-art sports centre, offering a range of sports to the public, students and sporting elite. This role would suit a proactive and energetic individual, used to working in a fast paced environment teamed with a passion for sports.
In the short time the centre has been open, it has become the “must go” place to eat on University Park, serving freshly cooked, innovative and nutritious food. We are therefore looking for enthusiastic food lovers with an interest in sports to cook for an get to know our next Olympic stars.
Read all about our success:
- To support the efficient management of a sports café, retail and refreshments, events and hospitality
- To support & effectively build and develop a new team to deliver an outstanding service to customers and students.
- Control and monitor the financial performance of the unit and to maintain costs within pre-budgeted targets with the Catering Manager
- Ensure all food is prepared fresh and to a high standard as per service level agreement, Company policy and current legislation.
- Establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with individuals at all levels within the Company and the Client organisation.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- Previous experience in a similar role, with high expectation of service standards
- Experience of supporting and managing a team within a catering environment
- Confidence to support, lead and engage new teams
- Good financial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Passion for delivering great food and service
- Strong adherence to Food Hygiene and Health & Safety
- Interest or experience within sports or experience within a similar facility preferred
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
chef manager, chef, head chef, assistant manager, deputy manager, assistant chef, chef, chefs, Nottingham, catering,