Assistant Store Manager
Want to be part of something special?
Assistant Store Manager - Aldi Eastbourne / Lewes
£30,000 - £36,500 per annum
Aldi is one of the fastest growing supermarkets in the World and now has over 640 Stores in the UK, with a view to increasing this to 1000 stores by 2022. Aldi won the Which? Best Supermarket in 2012, 2013 and 2015. This is in addition to being awarded Grocer of the Year 2016 where Aldi’s own brand products also picked up another 40 trophies, making Aldi the most awarded retailer. Aldi also sponsor the very successful GB Olympic team who recently had a fantastic performance of their own at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
Building on the success of these awards, a planned 80 new store openings across the UK in 2016 and a £60m investment into the opening of a brand new, state of the art distribution centre in Cardiff in March 2017, Aldi is really on the rise.
Aldi is currently looking to recruit an experienced Assistant Store Manager to run their Eastbourne or Lewesstore and help contribute to their ongoing success. As a Assistant Store Manager no two days are the same. One day could find you helping the Store Manager sort out deliveries, place orders or deal with customer complaints. The next, you might be focused on people management and performance issues or organising holiday rotas for the team.
At the same time you’ll handle the over-riding goals of helping maximise sales in your store, ensuring great customer service, minimising costs and optimising productivity.
And all the while you’ll receive regular feedback on your performance from your Store Manager and Area Manager.
Let’s put it this way. If you like hard work and can motivate and develop a diverse team, you’re going to find this a hugely rewarding role - and one with excellent prospects.
Your duties will include:
- Supporting your Manager with leading the store team, providing each Store Assistant with clear direction of responsibility.
- Take responsibility for running the store in your Store Managers absence.
- Plan ahead to ensure your store is running efficiently.
- Motivate staff to ensure customers receive outstanding service levels.
- Ensure Aldi customers always have access to the highest quality and freshest products.
To be considered for the role of Assistant Store Manager you must:
- Have experience leading a team to achieve excellent levels of customer service.
- Have experience in an Assistant Management/Team Leader role within retail or another fast paced, varied environment.
- Be a confident communicator so you can clearly share information with your team to ensure your staff understand their role, responsibilities and go the extra mile for the customer.
- Be able to problem solve and deal with unexpected challenges.
- Take responsibility for achieving results and motivating your team.
- Share your knowledge and experience to help develop your Store Assistants.
- Be flexible in working hours to meet company and customer demands.
To apply for the role of Assistant Store Manager, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional keywords: Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Team Leader, Deputy Manager, Supermarket, Retailer, Retail, Food, Supervisor, Grocer, Produce